What is The Link?
The Link Halfway House is for men who have successfully completed short term residential treatment for chemical dependency, but have demonstrated a need for continued treatment in a structured environment
for an additional 9 to 12 months.
The Link Recovery Houses
The Link Recovery Houses are for men completing The Link Halfway House who may still be in need of additional peer support, structured living, and access to counseling staff and house activities. Individuals
on parole may reside in one of the recovery houses while in an Intensive Outpatient Program. Lincoln House is located at 521 Lincoln Avenue, and Truman House is located at 1003 W. Norfolk Avenue, next
door to the halfway house.
Licensing and Funding
The Link is licensed by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Division of Alcoholism, Drug Abuse and Addiction Services and accredited by CARF.
Funding comes from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Nebraska Department of Corrections, client fees, The Link Alumni Association, and private donations.
The Link gives first priority to individuals in the 22 county area of Northeast Nebraska known as Region IV. DRP regularly serves individuals of Region III. Although first priority is given to residents of Region IV, we accept clients from throughout
Nebraska. Out-of-state clients are accepted whenever feasible.
It is the mission of The Link to offer the recovering alcoholic or addict a safe environment in which to live and to offer assistance through professional counseling in the development of personal and
social skills to ease the transition to healthy living in society.
The philosophy of The Link is to offer adult males who suffer from mental illness, alcoholism, and/or other drug addiction the opportunity to improve their lives to the fullest, within their capabilities and limitations.
The philosophy is based on the "whole person" concept and the 12 Step model of treatment. The Link provides the setting for men in early recovery to be treated in a dignified and caring manner, with encouragement
towards motivation, responsibility and productivity. The Link utilizes eclectic treatment approaches in providing the proper nurturing and treatment, which when used in conjunction with participation in
self-help groups, such as AA, NA and DRA, help meet the individual needs of each Link resident desiring long term recovery.
12 Step Program
1. We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The Link Alumni Association is comprised of graduates from The Link Halfway House. Their purpose is to:
Provide a support group for its members with common ties to The Link.
Interact in a supportive manner with current residents and staff of The Link.
Hold fundraising activities which benefit The Link and its residents.
Serve as an advisory group to The Link board of directors.
Provide and facilitate recreational activities on a regular basis for residents of The Link.